Friday, May 30, 2014

OK, so now I have this bee in my bonnet.  I want to get my bum out on the water as a live aboard.  First thing to figure out is what is this thing that I think I want to be out on the water on (this was intentionally obtuse BTW).  As a long time sailor my first inclination was to build a sail boat.  But after an initial "consultation"with dream merchant and boat designer George Buehler, he sold me on the idea of a simple, full displacement Trawler to get safely and comfortably from point A to point B.  And honestly, who would have helped me with that head sail change in the gale anyway?  Trawler it is.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the build its something ive longed to do myself for years but i keep letting work get in the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I was just talking about that with another Duck builder yesterday. We were talking about how, no matter how you try and focus yourself, life always seems to get in the way.

      Delete