Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Help


Honestly, when it comes down to it I don't know squat about building boats.  I do have friends that know poop loads about all of sorts of stuff that needs to get done- welding for instance.  Whether its neighbors with a wood mizer, friends with welding stuff, friends with boat building experience and yes, even hired help it all comes into play.

Lest anyone mistake this as a self contained effort, let me correct the record.  My real strength is in finding and enlisting people who know what I do not in order to move this project forward in a productive way.

I suspect there is a small hand full of folk who are blessed with all the skills and perspective to throw a 30 ton trawler together on their own.  Honestly, I am not one of those.

I have been fortunate to tap into other boat builders, circumnavigators, forums (important if true) and a really responsive boat designer ready to chime in with an answer to my latest crisis.

Pile of wood will ultimately reflect the input and perspective of lots of smart and generous folk.  So to my support network, and you know who you are (or will soon).  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment